Low-level laser therapy is an alternative treatment where the body part that has been injured is exposed to lasers of low intensity. These lasers then stimulate the tissues and cells and speed up the process of healing. It is normally applied by a special kind of laser beam generator where the body part that has been affected is exposed to the low-intensity laser that produces the energy. Some of the things that make the low-level laser therapy very popular and beneficial are the alleviation of pain, the fast initiation of healing, inflammation as well as no effect on the cells, which works just perfect. Here are some of the benefits of low-level laser therapy services, and how they can assist greatly in cases of chronic pain.
It almost eliminates inflammation and pain and then restores the normal functioning of the body without having to use the painkillers. This kind of service is non-invasive and non-toxic and will improve the quality of life in a great manner. The use of low-level laser therapy has also covered the following areas:
- Inflammatory conditions, such as myositis, tendonitis, bursitis and other conditions of the tissue.
- Assists in repairing tissues such as bedsores, strains, burns, ligament sprains, lacerations and sports injuries.
- It also helps in other joints pains such hip and knee pain, rheumatic pain, arthritis, sciatic pain and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Skin lesions such as acne, diabetic ulcers, as well as dermatological conditions.
- Low-level laser therapy is very safe and has the capability to get to all the tissues. This is what makes it a good stimulant. It then induces the growth of cells and the repair of tissue. In the cells, there is an enhanced activation of the mitochondria, and this brings back the formal functions of the cells. The increased circulation of blood also speeds up the process of healing.
Low-level laser therapy also has very minimal side effects but with increased therapeutic efficiency. Just like any other kind of treatment, it can produce safe results when followed as per the instructions given by a doctor. There is no absolute harm in using this treatment methodology for regular treatment sessions since the intensity of the laser being low works best for the skin.
Coastal Podiatry has been providing professional low-level laser therapy services in the entire Sunshine Coast region. For any kind of chronic pain treatment, this is the place to go.
Get in touch with Coastal Podiatry here…